Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Friday, January 4, 2013

a little blue sweater


I had lots of time to knit over Christmas break.  I don't know of anything I like better than some needles and yarn in my hands.  This little baby sweater was knit for my pastor's new grandchild.  The self striping yarn entertained me completely.  "Oh look, a green stripe!" was met with much eye rolling.  Oh well.   I bought the yarn at a wonderful yarn shop in Mankato... http://www.maryluesyarn.com/ 


It is springy and delicious.  The bear buttons are so sweet.  I still have a couple little knit sweaters that were made for my girls.  Every time I see them I have to pick them up and smell them... that sweet baby smell.


I made up the tiny hat pattern.  Now that I've knit for a few years I do that a lot.  Mostly with hats.  I've given up on sweaters for myself.  



Can you do me a favor?  Say a little prayer for my friend's daughter today.  Her name is Carly, she is 14 years old and terribly sick.  Her family is on my mind at all times right now.
I am so happy to have an open weekend.  My husband has asked me to have a belated anniversary date with him.  I have a baby shower to attend, and I've got lots of crafting to do.  


Don't forget, it's white week next week.  I've got lots of pretty projects planned.  See you Monday!  


2 comments:

  1. I have been knitting thanks to you and finished a prayer shawl. I will pray for the girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the admin of this site is actually working hard for his
    website, since here every data is quality based material.
    Feel free to surf my web page ... wholesale nfl jerseys

    ReplyDelete