Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Thursday, January 10, 2013

white headband


One of my favorite Christmas vacation memories was sitting and knitting with my oldest daughter Hannah.  She wanted to make headbands to wear while at University of North Dakota.  I don't need to tell you that it gets awfully cold up there.



This pattern is soooo easy, and it's free!  If you know how to knit and purl you can make it.  The flower takes a little more skill... but it is cute without it.  
We used ewe ewe wooly worsted to make it.  What a gorgeous yarn.  It's springy and squishy and feels amazing.  I made one headband with one ball. 
You can find lots of patterns for these on ravelry... for the life of me, I can't find the pattern I used for this one.  


I fudged the flower... I think it would look cute without, or maybe even with a bow.


I am going to knit up a bunch of these... they take about an hour and are surprisingly warm.  


I just got back from a walk at the dog park with Piper and Jack.  People always fuss over the matching scotties.  They misbehave terribly but everyone cuts them slack because they are small and cute.  Lots of rude barking and nipping and carrying on.  I wore my new headband and got a couple compliments. Hannah has taken hers back to North Dakota with her.  She will be missed around here this week...

1 comment:

  1. I love your what I call bubble glass...and I adore your head band..it looks wonderful..wish I could knit more...I only can do one stitch...just lovely..have a great day. with love Janice

    ReplyDelete