Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Teacher Appreciation idea: gnome garden



Are you ready for teacher appreciation week next week?  I'm going to be sharing teacher ideas and mother's day ideas on Fox 9 Twin Cities Saturday morning at 8:25.  If you live in the area, I hope you will tune in!
My first teacher appreciation idea would be great for mother's day too.  I am in love with Fairy Gardens... you see all sorts of cute accessories to make them now.  I decided to make gnome gardens after seeing these adorable garden gnomes at Wal Mart.


A wonderful lady at Holasek's nursery helped me design the garden and pick out the plants.  I made it with children in mind... so I chose an inexpensive plastic pot.  Gasp!  Fill it up with good gardening soil...


Next you add the plants.  I did a variety of herbs and flowering plants in mine.  At Holasek's the fairy garden expert gave me some bags of wonderful different sized rocks to use.  I bought the moss at Michael's.  The little toadstools come from Holasek's nursery too.
  
The best part of the project was that my mom was visiting, and we made a couple for her too.



Adorable and functional!  Do you like gnomes like I do?  Check out my pinterest board here... http://pinterest.com/jenni_swenson1/garden-gnomes/


No comments:

Post a Comment