Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Monday, July 29, 2013

oil pastel fish





Happy Monday everyone!  I'm on Fox 9 this morning at 9:35!  I will be sharing fish craft ideas.  I think today's project is one of my favorites of the summer.  It doesn't use anything fancy, it is just FUN.  You will need watercolor paper, oil pastels (Target has them for $1.99) , qtips and baby oil.  Cover your table because this project is messy!
First use oil pastels to color your paper... I cut out fish but you can do whatever you like.  Watercolor paper works great for this project because it is nice and sturdy.


When you are done coloring, dip qtips in baby oil and blend the colors.  The colors will look kind of like watercolors, but more vibrant.




I experimented with these for a couple hours.  You can also blend the colors using kleenex or cotton balls.


Come back tomorrow for another great fish project.


1 comment:

  1. I am SO GLAD you are doing fish this week, 'cause we are too here at the Hockman Household! I bet I will be using a couple of your ideas with my kiddos this week- woo-hoo!!!

    ReplyDelete